My First Award!
Deweydecimalsbutler has nominated me for a Liebster award! I’m so excited!!!
The rules of this award state that in order to accept, I must:
- Link back the blogger that tagged you
- Nominate ten others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you
- Ask ten questions for the bloggers you nominate
- Let your nominees know of their award
So here we go!
I realize that I don’t talk about myself very often on this blog, so answering these questions should provide a nice opportunity for all you readers to get to know me a little better. Here they are, with my responses:
1. What made you decide to blog in the first place?
This is an easy one, as I’ve already written a post on it. You can find it here.
2. Where would you live other than where you are currently living if you could?
Interestingly enough, that’s a question that I’ve recently been considering myself, since I’m entering my final year of college. After graduation, I may move to the nearest larger city in order to find a good job, but I am also considering the possibility that I may end up moving somewhere else entirely. Having lived my entire life (besides living on campus during the school year) in the same small city, it’s difficult for me to say where else I might like to live without a lot more serious thought.
3. What kind of super power would you like to have and why?
I’m going to answer with might be considered a total cop out and say that I would not like to have any kind of super power. With great power comes great responsibility. It can also corrupt. But the most compelling reason is that I don’t believe that I was meant to have a super power. I try not to mention this often, but I am quite religious, and I trust that God created me exactly as I should be. Not that I can’t understand why others may think that having a super power would be really cool.
4. What do you think about schools not teaching cursive anymore?
I’m fairly certain that the school I attended still teaches cursive. My handwriting is terrible and I prefer to type, but I do use cursive from time to time. I think that it’s important to learn cursive, if only for the purposes of being able to read it and to sign your name using it.
5. Kindles – yes or no, why?
Yes! I actually own a Kindle, and I enjoy using it to read all of the free e-books that Amazon is willing to give me. They offer a fairly good selection when it comes to older classics, which is just fine for following the 1001 list. Of course, I must admit that I also use my Kindle for playing the occasional game. 🙂
6. What character would you like to see step on a Lego?
I’m one of those people who tries to make it a policy not to wish any sort of harm on others (even fictional characters!), but, in keeping with the general tone of the question, the character that I think I like the least would be… Hm… Can I actually go with several characters from Beloved? You know, the slave owners and the men who worked for them. They really did some despicable things and brought complete misery to the lives of many people.
7. Texting – do you use correct grammar or not? Defend.
I very rarely text at all, but when I do I try to use correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation. That’s a personal preference because it annoys me to see these things incorrect. However, I do break my own rules sometimes because, since my phone doesn’t have a QWERTY keyboard and I hardly ever text, it takes me forever to tap out even the shortest message. As a result, when I’m in a hurry I tend to use abbreviations and lop off the odd period, simply for the sake of convenience.
8. Which Middle Earth race do you most readily identify with?
My first thought would be the elves, although I’m not completely sure why. My personality just seems to match with them better than the others.
9. Does it bother you that I ended #8 with a preposition? Explain.
No. I am a stickler for proper grammar, but not that much of a stickler. Not when it comes to that particular rule, anyway, which is probably because none of my teachers ever enforced it when I was first learning. And I had one English teacher who strictly enforced absolutely everything else.
10. Breastfeeding in public, what are your thoughts?
This isn’t a question that I’ve really thought about. I suppose the best answer is to use your best judgment and be discreet?
- Blessed Mama from Wonderfully Wired
- maaikevdplas from Boekentips
- David Allen from Allen Fiction
- Lina from Eccentric Chai
- Cult of Otis from The Blog of Otis
- PaulinaEmCee from Double Exposure and Bludger Control
- Lucy’s Football
My Questions for the Nominees
I apologize for the complete and utter randomness of the following questions. I never claimed to be any good this. But maybe it’s more interesting this way! I look forward to reading the responses.
- What’s your favorite color?
- What aspect of blogging do you like the most?
- Do you like pancakes?
- What is your favorite part of the average week?
- If you were a plant, what type of plant would you be?
- If you could meet one celebrity of your choice, who would it be?
- What is your favorite Disney movie?
- If you could live in a video game, which one would it be?
- You’re at a party full of people you’ve just met. What story about yourself do you tell them to get the conversations going?
- What question would you like to have been asked in this interview? Answer that question!